The Festival of Quilts will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 25 inside the Shepherd Middle School Gym.
Quilters with a connection to the Village of Shepherd will travel from near and far to share their quilts with festival visitors. The categories for this year’s quilt show include full-size quilts, smaller quilts, wall hangings, table runners, historical
quilts, vintage quilts, and rescue quilts.
This year, the quilt show will also include the collection of local quilter Natalie Hackney. Natalie has exhibited beautiful individual quilts in the past and it will be a pleasure to see a wall of her favorite creations. Another section of the show is the judged “Challenge.” At last year’s show, interested sewers were challenged to create a wall hanging representing the theme “20-20 Vision.” It will be exciting to see what creative items they will contribute.
If you are interested in sharing your quilts, please click the link below to download a form or call 989-828-5415.
- ●Download Registration form for Quilters
The Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival invites quilters to share their quilted works: bed quilts, wall hangings, runners, mini-quilts, historical quilts, rescue quilts, vintage quilts and more! Quilters 18 and under will have their works displayed in a special designated area. A judged ‘Challenge’ also takes place; this year’s theme being ‘20-20 Vision’.
- ●There is no cost to exhibit a quilt
- ●Due to space limitations each exhibitor may show a maximum of 2 quilts and 2 wall hangings (wall hanging must be 5’x5’ or less)
- ●Quilts will be hung with appropriate hangers, no pins. Also, please have your name on quilt containers.
- ●Provide a brief description of the quilt on the reverse side of this form. Quilts will be accepted for exhibit by returning completed forms to a committee member by April 20, 2020 or mailed to:
725 East Ward Road
Shepherd, MI 48883
(989-828-5415 or 989-506-8555)
- ●Quilts should be dropped off between 5-7 pm on Friday, April 24th, in the Middle School Gym (circle drive on the east side of gym) and picked up between 5:30-6 pm on Saturday, the 25th. You may be asked to show ID to pick up your quilt as efforts will be made to keep your quilts safe.
Registration Deadline is April 20, 2020