- DATE & TIME OF PARADE: Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 2:30pm until approximately 4pm. (rain or shine)
- TIME OF PARADE MARSHALLING: All participating units will be requested to check in no later than 1:30pm.
- PARADE ROUTE & LENGTH: The parade will move from Federal Road to Michael Drive onto Wright Avenue & south on Chippewa Street.
- FLOATS: that are to be judged are to line up on Lynn Street
- WALKING UNITS: To shorten the distance for walkers they may wait in the church parking lot until their parade position passes.
- PARADE NUMBERING: A member of the parade staff will contact all participants on their parade number the week before the parade. A list of all parade entries and their position will be posted along Michael Drive
- PARADE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, APRIL 23rd
- QUESTIONS: Clif Lehner – 989-506-4728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The organizers of this parade reserve the right to accept or reject any parade applicant.
Parade participants must follow the instructions from the parade staff.
Parade staff reserves the right to remove any unit from the parade lineup for any reason or
cause without advance notice.
CANDY AND MATERIALS MAY BE HANDED OUT IN SUCH A MANNER AS TO PREVENT
SPECTATORS FROM ENTERING THE STREET.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND OTHER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ARE FORBIDDEN ON
AND ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE.
All entries must be properly identified with signs or banners with the name of organization. This is
not a commercial parade – please NO sales messages. There will be a parade announcer.
Adults MUST be present when children are riding floats. Children MUST remain seated at all
Drivers of motorized vehicles must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid drivers license and
A maximum of 20 walkers are permitted to walk with your entry.
Keep watch to prevent openings from forming in the parade.
Equestrian and animal units must provide their own accompanying clean-up personnel
All parade participants are required to conduct themselves in such a manner as not to infringe on
the rights of those people living in and along the staging or disband areas and the parade route.
ANY BUSINESS, ORGANIZATION, OR PERSON FAILING TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES WILL IMMEDIATELY BE REMOVED FROM THE PARADE ROUTE AND PROHIBITED FROM ALL FUTURE EVENTS!
The Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival is proud to announce that Sharon Cole will lead the parade at the 60th anniversary Maple Syrup Festival on Sunday, April 29th. The parade will begin at 2:30 and will be centered around the theme “Celebrate 60”. Sharon was born in Florida to a military…
Here are photos taken during the SMSF Parade in 2016.