April 30, 2017
Start: 2:30 p.m.
Village of Shepherd/Wright Ave.
The Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival parade is the grand finale for the weekend-long festival. The parade will be on April 30, 2017 starting at 2:30 p.m.
The parade begins on Wright Ave. starting at Michael Drive, travels east and turns south on Chippewa Street to the Middle School.
This year several machines and vehicles will be available at 12:30 pm for children to climb aboard. They will be parked on Wright Avenue from the railroad tracks to the East. There will be special concerts and and costumed characters for everyone to enjoy starting at 1:00 pm.
The sponsors for the 2016 parade were::
- Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival Committee
- AA Truck Towing / Shepherd Front End
- Highland Plastics
- Isabella Bank
- Morbark Inc.
- Ray Alexander
- Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Resort
Organizations, businesses, or individuals who wish to participate in the Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival parade are invited to submit an application between now and April 24. The application form can be found by clicking on the link below. Contact parade chair Clif Lehner at (989) 506-4728 or by email at email@example.com if you have questions.
- The organizers of this parade reserve the right to accept or reject any parade applicant.
- Parade participants must follow the instructions from the parade staff.
- Parade staff reserves the right to remove any unit from the parade lineup for any reason or cause without advance notice.
- CANDY AND MATERIALS MAY BE HANDED OUT IN SUCH A MANNER AS TO PREVENT SPECTATORS FROM ENTERING THE STREET.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND OTHER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ARE FORBIDDEN ON AND ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE.
- All entries must be properly identified with signs or banners with the name of organization.
- This is not a commercial parade – please NO sales messages.
- Adults MUST be present when children are riding floats. Children MUST remain seated at all times.
- Drivers of motorized vehicles must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and proper insurance.
- A maximum of 20 walkers are permitted to walk with your entry. The walkers must be able to keep up with the pace and length of the parade.
- Keep watch to prevent openings in the parade.
- Equestrian and animal units must provide their own accompanying clean-up personnel
- All parade participants are required to conduct themselves in such a manner as not to infringe on the rights of those people living in and along the staging or disband areas and the parade route.
Also published on Medium.